MAY 5TH, 2012: T-MINUS 97 DAYS TO DERBY TIME!
The goal for our second day of deconstruction was simple: FINISH THE DECONSTRUCTION! Team Combustion exploded into action and guess what? We got it done! Yee haw!
Our list for the day:
- Take out all glass
- Take out window regulators, door handles, and door locks
- Take out striker panels
- Finish removing the trim pieces, including the front and rear bezels and trunk
- Remove old seatbelts
- Take a new persona pic for Miss Combustion!
- Make a parts list to give to our friends at the Eddings Bros NAPA store in Hawthorne who are sponsoring our parts!
Overall, things went swimmingly! Each member of Team Combustion worked in pairs to remove the windows, regulators, door locks, strikers, and finished in no time flat! Some of the exterior trim pieces put up a bit of a fight, but G.I. Muscle and Doctor Destroyer took care of them… and how! All of the glass came out without shattering, even the cracked front windshield.
All of the removed trim and glass will be sold by the team to help raise money for the project, so if you’re lookin’ for some Galaxie trim, hit us up! We just might be able to help ya out!
Want to help us out? We have oil rags with the Gasoline Girl logo on them for sale to help fund this project, along with a newly designed Gasoline Girl Supporter shirt available soon, or if you just want to make a donation because you believe in what you’re doing, by all means… look over to your right and click the donate button! We thank you very much.
- Begin gathering our needed parts to get her running good enough for the derby
- Put together all of the safety gear needed
- Rebuild the carburetor
- Design the safety cages and get to weldin’!
CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW TO VIEW ALL THE SHOTS OF THE DAY!